In this course you will:
- Learn the history, key ideas and guiding principles of Laughter Yoga.
- Learn how to succinctly and effectively explain Laughter Yoga and its benefits.
- Learn all the necessary knowledge and skills to facilitate group laughter sessions and meditations with the general public, and laugh lots in the process.
- Learn about the challenges of Laughter Yoga and how to avoid them.
- Learn everything you need to know to successfully start and run a thriving Community Laughter Club.
- 2.1. How to get the most out of this course
- 2.2. Contraindications
- 2.4. The three minute laughter challenge
3. Laughter Yoga
- 3.1. Laughter Yoga in a nutshell
- 3.2. History
- 3.3. The yoga roots
- 3.4. Five key ideas of Laughter Yoga
- 3.5. Community Laughter Clubs
- 3.6. World Laughter Day
- 3.7. (R)Evolution of Laughter Yoga
4. How: Basic skills
- 4.1. Five guiding principles for your practice
- 4.2. Practice session
- 4.3. Structure of a complete Laughter Yoga experience
- 4.4. Tell: Introduce yourself and the activity you are proposing
- 4.4.1. The official script
- 4.4.2. A different viewpoint
- 4.4.3. What is your story?
- 4.4.4. Five Teaching tips
- 4.5. Show: Explain and model what you want people to do
- 4.5.1. Clapping
- 4.5.2. Breathing
- 4.5.3. Very good, very good, yay!
- 4.5.4. Five key reminders
- 4.6. Do: Let the fun begin!
- 4.6.1. Warm up or no warm up exercises?
- 4.6.2. The Laughter exercises
- 4.6.3. Useful techniques
- 4.6.4. 40 foundation exercises
- 4.6.5. Teaching Tips
- 4.6.6. Your first Laughter Yoga session plan
- 4.6.7. Gibberish
- 4.6.8. Beyond laughter exercises
- 4.7. Step 4: Integrate
- 4.7.1. The Laughter Meditation
- 4.7.2. Grounding techniques
- 4.8. Wrap up
- 4.9. Putting it all together
- 4.10. Challenges of Laughter Yoga and proposed solutions
- 5.1. Community Laughter Clubs
- 5.1.1. History
- 5.1.2. Benefits of running a Community Laughter Club
- 5.1.3. Important considerations
- 5.1.4. Secrets of Community Laughter Club success
- 5.1.5. The legal side
- 5.2. Online and Skype Laughter Clubs
- 5.3. More social initiatives
6. In conclusion
- 6.1. What you need to remember
- 6.2. Suggested next steps